Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga (TToH) has opportunities for Homecare Support Kaimahi to deliver personalised care and support to whānau within their homes, assisting them in living life to the fullest and maintaining their independence.
TToH is a whānau focused organisation with satellite sites across the wider Kahungunu region including Wairoa and Central Hawke’s Bay. Our health, social, education and community development teams have been working successfully with whānau across sunny Hawke’s Bay and beyond for the past 37 years.
Reporting to our Team Manager and supported by our Clinical Nurse and Roster Co-ordinator, we have part-time and casual care roles available. Most cares are provided between the hours of 7am to 9am and 4pm to 6pm, 5 or 6 days a week. There are some welfare checks and medication supervision during the middle of the day. Most of our carers work between 20 - 30 hours per week (including travel time). You travel in your own vehicle from client to client and you are paid an hourly rate plus a travel allowance which covers your travel expenses and the time it takes to travel between clients.
Key tasks :
· Help with showering, dressing and other personal hygiene
· Help with household cleaning to a high standard
· Meal preparation
· Medication support
· Welfare checks
We are looking for people with :
· A high standard of professionalism and work ethic
· Excellent time-management skills
· A caring nature and a can-do attitude
· Knowledge or experience in providing similar services
· Understanding of Tikanga and Te Reo Māori and applying that in work setting
· Enthusiasm, energy, initiative and a high degree of flexibility
· Good relationship building skills
We are looking for dedicated staff who are committed to providing professional in-home manaaki and are keen to be part of a successful, growing and local health and social services organisation. We have online timesheets using Carecall and Remote worker and regular online learning and Team meetings (if you can't attend face to face) for our Service.
If you have no qualifications in home cares - no worries ! Full training will be provided and you will achieve your Level 2 Certificate as part of your on the job training over the first 3 months . You will be supported to continue to achieve Level 3 and Level 4 as part of your employment with us, which will increase your rate of pay.
A reasonable level of computer and/or technology skills are required as well as experience using including email, Mobile phone and Apps. A work mobile phone will be provided and full training will be given.
What we offer you :
· Fair guaranteed hours employment agreements
. 5 weeks annual leave
. Birthday Leave
· Paid travel time
· Full induction and training
· Study support and ongoing development
· Work phone and online timesheets
· Career development opportunities
· Supportive, local, respected health and social services employer
Part time and Casual positions are available in Napier and Hastings.
Please attach your Covering letter, up to date CV and fully completed TToH Application Form with your Application.
Verification of COVID-19 vaccinations is required as part of the application process for this role.
APPLY TODAY to be part of our amazing organisation and supportive team.