Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga (TToH) is seeking a Cultural Support person for our Alcohol and Addictions team (Te Poutama Tautoka) to work alongside them supporting our whānau in Hawkes Bay.
TToH is a whānau focused, values-based, health and social services organisation providing services to our community from Mahia to Rimutaka. Our health, social, education and community development teams have been working successfully with whanau for 35 years.
Based in our Te Poutama Tautoka (TPT) team, in our large Orchard Road site in Hastings, we are looking for an experienced Cultural Support Worker who has worked in the Addictions field and who understands kaupapa Maori cultural practises in the role of drug and alcohol rehabilitation for whanau.
The purpose of the position is to assist our TPT Addictions Practitioners and Support Workers, from a cultural perspective with :
· Assessment and treatment planning
· Client education and group facilitation
· Promoting whānau/caregiver involvement
· Group facilitation
· Assistance in programme planning
To be a successful part of this integrated team you will:
· Mahi Tahi - be committed to making a difference
· Manaakitanga - be hard working and accountable to whanau
· Tika, Pono, Aroha - have good time management
· Whanaungatanga - be able to communicate with and motivate whanau
· Kotahitanga - work effectively as part of a team
· Matauranga - have knowledge of kaupapa and tikanga Maori
Suitable applicants for this role will be:
· Fluent in Te Reo Maori
· Skilled and experienced in tikanga Maori practices
· Knowledgeable about Cultural Competency
· Experienced in AOD and/or Mental Health and hold a relevant health professional qualification and experience and/or qualification in Te Reo Maori culture and practise
We are looking for people who:
· Are non-judgemental
· Are able to work with situations of conflict and crisis
· Have a sense of compassion, empathy and kindness
· Are able to relate to all walks of life.
· Have the ability to be assertive, when you need to be, but still kind and caring
· Are professional and can work in an integrated and collaborative team
· Have a can-do attitude and care about our whaiora and your mihi
Does this sound like you?
…. then apply TODAY!
Please include a Covering letter, CV and completed TToH Application form with your application.
Applications close: now extended to Monday 15th March 2021 @ 5pm